Monday, 6 February 2012

Not long left....

I am over half way through my time here in Spain. This is very saddening for me, I don't want to have to leave, Barcelona has become my third home, I'm now trying to plan as many weekends as possible so that I can see as much of Catalonia and Spain as possible, I don't want to miss anything, but I know I probably will. This Friday I'm heading up to Girona to see Sam and Adam and explore the beautiful town, I've so far only seen it out of the train window.
Quite a lot has happened since the last time I blogged (is to blog a verb?) This weekend 6 friends from Lancaster came over and I showed the delights of Barcelona, it was so lovely to see some familiar faces, even if at times I felt a bit like a performing monkey speaking Spanish for them. :) Ruby even took on a pickpocket after he took her phone and got it back, she's braver than me but pickpocket 0 - Ruby 1. It was absolutely freezing though this weekend, I felt bad that I was showing everyone so many things outside, on Sunday we went to Parc Guell and it even snowed a little!
My friends also got me an absolutely gorgeous pair of Cavella shoes for my 21st! I can't wait to wear them out once I'm back in England, for now I'll just trot round the house in them.
On Friday I went to Figueres with Sam and Camilla to visit the Dali museum, it was amazing, unbelievably weird and inexplicably strange but I loved every second of it. We also found out that you can get the train from Figueres to Perpignan in a mere 20 minutes so we are planning on heading there at some point.
I also finally have Internet back in my house! This happened on Thursday and I swear I did a little dance when I came home and discovered it was working.
School is ok at the moment, the kids are restless and naughty though, I think it's due to them being cooped up inside more due to the cold weather, and I worked 2 extra hours last week, which means I have 2 available at my disposal that I can take off another week, I just have to find an ideal time to do it.
On the essay front, I have done no more work... oopsie, I plan to finish writing my Catalan speaking presentation and book report tomorrow and then work on the essay other evenings this week, now that I have the Internet back. I want to have it finished by March.
I think you guys are up to date on pretty much everything now. :)
I'll leave you with a picture from my visit to the Dali museum.
Adios
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment