Sorry it has been a while since my last post, I've been under the weather so have spent a lot of time sleeping to try and get over my bad cold/weak flu. I'm finally starting to feel better though :) Well after the Dali museum last week this week as school was definitely much more realistic than usual, I finished doing my restaurant project with my year 4's, so hopefully this week I can link you guys to the school blog, and you can see there hard work. My Catalan class is getting yet more intense, I need to finish writing a presentation for Wednesday and a book report for next week, but I finally feel pretty comprehensive in the language, which is hopefully a good sign for final year.
On Friday I went up to Girona and saw Sam and Adam. Girona is an absolutely beautiful city, lovely buildings and an ancient city wall, also a statue where you have to kiss it's bum. It means that you'll return to Girona and is lucky. So obviously, we all did that. I still find it weird meeting up with Lancaster people in Spain, it's like my two world's are colliding. In the evening I went to a concert, it's my friend's friend's band (god that looks stupid when typed). They are really good, they are all from Rubi, which is a town just outside of Barcelona, they sing in Spanish (and one random song in French) and they talk in between in Catalan. After the show whilst my friend was talking to her friend Adrian and I decided to go and speak to the guitarist, in Catalan, maybe it was the cocktails that gave us the confidence, who knows, but it was fun nonetheless, I can't wait to go to their next gig. We then went out to a club and rolled in reasonably early at 3.30ish.
Saturday evening we all went to Rosa's for food and I ended up discussing English learning in France with some Frenchies, apparently every character was called Brian, Kevin or Katie. They spent the evening saying "where's Brian?" "Brian is in the bathroom." It made me realise just how stereotypical the books we all use in schools are. I also will never be able to meet anyone called Brian without laughing hysterically!
Today I did some work for Catalan class and I am considering doing a bit of French later.
Bye for now
xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment