Today I had such a good morning working in my primary school, and it reminded me why working as an ELA is so much fun. I was feeling tired and a little under the weather this morning but going into an environment where I was given hugs, asked how I was and shown different pieces of work by the children really cheered me up. My first two classes I was working with year 2, colouring love hearts in different colours to revise the colours, they regularly get mixed up between blanc (white for none Spanish speakers) with black in English, as the letters are so close they always get it wrong so today we were re-emphasising the colours, with a Valentine's day theme. We also sang songs and they were generally very sweet today. Then at break time we welcomed in Carnival week, the whole school sat in the playground and some year sixes brought in a giant snake, (photo to follow if it's still there tomorrow), whilst playing the drums. All the children are getting really excited about dressing up on Friday and celebrating the carnival and I'm starting to get excited about going to Sitges this weekend to celebrate carnival. After break I had year six, we played a board game based around jobs and they were really good today. Sometimes they can be a bit moody and difficult but today they were really interested, were practising their English and complained when it was time to go back to class. The only bad point about school at the moment is we have 6 of the 30 teachers off sick, which means that everyone is on cover and all over the show, the tutor I work with will be off on Wednesday, so I'm going to have to adapt as I don't know where I'll end up, or who with.
That's about it for now, oh, I'm probably getting another private class soon, so hopefully that should be fun and bring in a bit of extra money, especially seeing as the Ministerio still haven't paid me for January yet.
I'll leave you guys with a photo from when I went to Girona on Friday, such a beautiful city.
No comments:
Post a Comment