Im talking about the types of hat that the children were all wearing at school. As today was day two of Carnival at my school, gosh the kids are loving it. From today until Friday the children (and teachers) have to wear a different thing to celebrate; today it was a hat and a tie. Then just before lunch a group of year sixes go round to check that the children are wearing them, if they aren't wearing the correct things they draw all over their face with facepaint. Very strange... they half pin down the poor child/victim... only in Spain.
Tomorrow everyvody has to wear bright clothes, I'm going to look like an idiot on the metro on the way to and from school. :(
Today was also a pretty easy day as my first two classes both were doing english exams so I was only really there to invigilate. Then with year six I was teaching telling the time... gosh it was hard work. It took so long for some of the children to grasp the concept of 5 past/25 to etc. Some of them even claimed that they can only read digital, they can't even read a clockface in Spanish/Catalan. Eventually though they got the concept and when they went to back to class the teacher tested them and they all knew it, it made me feel really good. :)
This afternoon I had a private tutoring lesson, which was fun as always, we spent the last 15 minutes playing guess who in English and the rest of the lesson revising for her English exam tomorrow, things such as there is/there isn't/there are/there aren't, which the Spanish struggle with as they simply use hay or no hay, they don't differenciate between singular and plural.
I finished writing my presentation for Catalan class tomorrow, and need to learn it later tonight/tomorrow afternoon. Wish me luck!
Here's a photo from Girona again (I've not taken any of carnival yet)
Adios chicos
x-x-x
No comments:
Post a Comment