I'm writing todays blog as a break from my packing (I'm off to Madrid and Toledo for the weekend). I just can't decide what to take, so rather than getting myself into a fluster I decided to update the worldwideweb on todays school time adventures. Today I only worked one hour, again with year 4, my timetable has compeltely gone to pot the past few days with the other English teacher being off sick. Most of the group have now mastered the basics of "O'clock, quarter past, half past, quarter to..." except for a few who can't tell the time in Spanish, so I can't really expect them to be whizzes at it in another language. I then palnend my lessons for next week and eventually (after an hour of trying) managed to get the unusually slow internet to send my project of "at the restaurant" videos to the Catalan government. Once they are up on the school blog I will link you guys in to the work that I have been doing.
Last night after my catalan class I enrolled for the next level of the course, which providing I pass the exam in a couple of weeks starts immediately after my current course, without a break. It also runs until the 14th of June, so I may miss the end of unit test depending on when I need to leave Spain to go to France. I can't believe how quickly this year hoas flown by, I don't want it to end. IIf I have to leave Spain as soon as my palcement finishes, I've only got 5 weekends left here where I don't already have plans; and three of those weekends will be taken up with trips and actvities that are planned but don't have definite dates yet.
Thirdyearabroad.com have published an article I wrote about being an English Language assistant; if you're interested then take a look:
http://www.thirdyearabroad.com/work-abroad/teach-abroad/item/1084-being-an-english-language-assistant.html
I was really pelased when they asked me to write something, hopefully I can help soemone out on their year abroad choice.
I think that's updated you all on everything.
I'll blog again on Sunday when I get home from Castille la Mancha/Madrid and the Barca match.
Hasta Domingo!
x-x-x
No comments:
Post a Comment