Monday, 20 February 2012

An extra long weekend

So as you can probably gather by the title I got an extra day off this weekend! I wish I had Mondays off every week, but I do usually only work 4 days a week, so I can't really complain, yet only working 3 is a bonus. Today I had a lie in to recover from carnival weekend then I met up with Gavin and we went on the Camp Nou (Barcelona's football ground) experience, there is a museum documenting the history of the club, then you can head into the stands/next to the pitch/press room/changing rooms. It was a really good trip, it was only 16.50euros and we were in there for over 2 and a half hours (even if online it says it only takes an hour!) I bought a Barca shirt which I will be wearing with pride at matches and when I visit Madrid. :p
This evening I went on a trip with my catalan class to Caixa Forum, a converted cotton factory which now houses temporary exhibitions and artwork. It was interesting and a pretty cool modernist building, very different to the factories we have in England. I also understood the entire tour without many problems which I feel means my Catalan is improving.
Tomorrow I'm back in school, I feel that getting up early will hit me, but oh well that's the life of an ELA for you!
Hasta manana!

No comments:

Post a Comment