Today was crazy hair day at school, this was the only possible way to avoid the dreaded face painters of year 6. I rocked some odd pigtails for the hour they were patrolling the school then took them out again. Today I worked with year 5 on the differences between a/an/some/any as well as there is/there are/there isn't/there aren't/is there?/are there? they really struggled with this. I never realised just how hard English is in comparison to Spanish until I started teaching it. They have no grasped the differences between a and an, as well as knowing when to use singular and when to use plural, although the difference between some and any is still hard for them to grasp, they also have great difficulty pronouncing these words, it's hard work, but it'll be rewarding once they grasp it.
Before I finished for lunch I watched the other year 5 class do a little five minute play based on the book, The Little Red Hen. It was adorable to watch and they did so well.
This afternoon I have been planning some travels around Spain and I am now more or less booked up until the end of April, my year abroad is flying by, I am trying my best to make the most of every opportunity given to me and to travel as much as possible, but sometimes it feels as though it is slipping through my fingers.
So now I start my weekend of carnival celebrations, got to love working 12 hours a week. :)
Fins ara tothom!
x-x-x
No comments:
Post a Comment