Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Year 4 overload!

Today I spent the entire day working with year fours, which was a bit of an overload, for the first to hours I was helping to teach them how to tell the time in English, the only problem is that some of them don't even understand how to tell the time in Spanish or Catalan....
Over lunch today I spoke quite a lot, which is unusual because I usually can't get a word in edgeways! Everybody was saying how well I speak Spanish which gave me a boost, and on Monday I was approached in Spanish by someone wanting to know how to get to the airport; maybe I'm starting to look like a Catalan? Also at lunch today one of the teachers was whistling, when I said I couldn't whistle people were shocked, I quickly said that no English people can whistle, this got me a few laughs; and even more when one teacher actually believed me! Bless her, she said "Oh really is it to do with how you pronounce things or something?" Most gullible award ever goes to her. :)
Then in the afternoon I was invigilating their end of unit exams, it seems so weird watching 10 year olds sat in an exam, although to be fair it was pretty short and easy, even the class teacher has said she would be shocked if anyone failed.
This evening I had my Catalan class, I have a speaking exam on the 14th of March at 8.30pm.... that's when you know you live in Spain. I also discovered that I am a master of Catalan tongue twisters much to my surprise.
That's about it, I'm getting excited to head to Toledo and Madrid this weekend.
Fins Dema!
x-x-x

No comments:

Post a Comment