Today I went to the Joan Miro museum up on MontJuic, it was really cool, I got to see the progression of his art over such an exciting period in history. He lived through the Spanish civil war and dictatorship as well as the second world war so he spent alot of time in exile, either in France or within his homeland of Catalonia. It's no wonder he had so much emotion to express. I really liked the burnt canvases that he made, they were really impressive. I realise more and more how much of a surrealist I am, I love the art, how you can see almost anything you want, without it being too try hard or so post-modern that there is no effort and I don't understand it! Here's Katie with one of Miro's sculptures:
On Friday night I went to a concert at the Harlem Jazz Club with Katie, Sarah and Adrian to watch Katie's friend's band. They were really good, I'm going to get their c.d. they sing in Spanish but were cracking jokes afterwards in Catalan. I felt really good that I understood it all, means my language is improving at least.
Yesterday me and Katie had a film night where we watched a film called Vicky and Christina in Barcelona, it was a really good chick flick night - and I got to eat marshmellow peanut brittle for the first time, it's soooo yummy! :)
I'm really looking forward to this week, I have Dan coming up on Friday and Camila on Saturday, for my Birthday, I just hope I have internet back by then so that I can skype my mum and dad on my birthday, as otherwise I will have gone 2 weeks without it in my flat.
No comments:
Post a Comment