Thursday, 15 December 2011

th teacher's curse....

So I have now been hit by the cold that seems to hit every teacher in the world as they finish work for the holidays, leaving them ill and unable to function. I felt tired and a bit funny all morning so decided to have a power nap this afternoon.. it lasted 6 and a half hours and I still don't feel A1. :(
But on the plus side my last two posts now make some sense, I did go to the circus with school today, but it was held in the building of the old flowers and silk market, so I got it right both times! (glad to see my Catalan/Spanish hasn't failed me) The show was good, a mixture of acrobatics and drama and comedy, I've never seen anything like it before but I did enjoy it, as did all the pupils (we took 8 classes...) On the bus to and from the Mercat de flors we sung Christmas songs in preparation for the show next week, I have learnt that they sing better in English than they do in Catalan, guess my job isn't going to badly. I was on a bus with 3rd level so this was all very cute. However at the front we also had two boys from 6th grade, one with a broken foo and his friend. They were made to sing their songs! Oh it gets better... they couldn't remember the words to the English song (John Lennon's Imagine..) so yes, I was forced to sing with them.... on the bus' MICROPHONE. I think my skin was somewhere between the shades of beetroot and crimson...
Also my block of flats now has a Christmas tree in the lobby! As does my school, but that was more likely to happen.
Tomorrow I need to pay for my Catalan course and buy the book. Should be easy enough......
Bona Nit a tothom!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment