Thursday, 1 March 2012

The weekend is here!

My weekend has started and it's lovely and sunny and about 17degrees, not too shabby for the first of March. :)
Yesterday I went to the Natural History Museum with school, it was pretty fun but unbelievably tiring, looking after a group of year ones for the day really took it out of me. Afterwards I had Catalan class, where I struggled to keep my eyes open to be honest, I was absolutely shattered. The highlight of the day had to be when the children decided to stage a demonstration against the teachers; we had said that they had to sit down for a few minutes after lunch before being allowed to play on the park; so about 90 5/6/7 year olds were marching round the park chanting "jugar" (to play) until we eventually let them go on the playground. A nearby cafe owner found it absolutely hillarious and it made me think that the culture of protesting in Spain really does start young...
I am currently waiting for the ministerio to pay me for last month's work, then I cna buy some pretty summer clothes to wear in this lovely weather and when I head down to the south :) I'm getting really excited about my upcoming travels, I sometimes feel like I'm not doing enough here during the days, as I tend to be reovering from the weekends! But I'm going to try and get a bit of studying done this afternoon, so hopefully I'll feel a little bit better about myself then.
On another note; here are is an example of the restaurant videos I spent so long doing with my year fours, they are on youtube and are now up on the school blog, so if anyone has a desire to watch them all then feel free:
http://englishroquetes.blogspot.com/



That's it from me for now. Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment