Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Las Fallas means bangy in Spanish.

So at the weekend I went to Valencia for las fallas. It was insane! The ninots which they burn after being showed and awarded prizes were simply amazing. This is one of the simpliest:

And this is one of the more extravegant, as well as my favourite:

There were children throwing fireworks in the street, which initially scared me to death but then after a while I got used to it and when I returned to Barcelona it was surprising calm and quiet in comaprison! We saw an amazing parade with everybody in traditional dress and the Virgin who dress is entirely made from fresh flowers, it takes the workers the entire weekend to make it before they burnt her, along with the other ninots on the Monday evening at midnight.

I really want to go back next year and see the burning as I couldn't stay for it this year as I had to work. We watched a free concert too, and an amazing firework show from the bridge. However after the four hour bus journey home I was shattered for school the next day.
School this week has been a little hetic, but at least it is the weekend now. Also yesterday I met up with a girl to do a tandem exchange for an hour, for the first time and we ended up staying for almost three hours, we really got on, she's from Lleida, a place I would love to visit for the snail festival in May.
I went to pick up my catalan results too this evening, I passed with 91/100 and now am a level B1 :) Very pleasedm I start the next level on Monday :) After class all my class and my teacher went out for copas and bravas. Very nice end to the day. 
Tomorrow I am off to Granada for the weekend, for which I am very excited! I'ma lso hoping that afterwards I will have some motivation to do my DELC310 essay next week.
Adios Chicos!
x-x-x

No comments:

Post a Comment