Let's start with Friday, I headed up to Girona to see La Sam and L'Adam. We went to a bar to see Adam's housemate's art exhibition, which was pretty cool and we sat and talked in Catalan with a small group. We then went back to Sam's flat to get ready to go to a fancy dress erasmus party, Sam was Dali, Adam was Zorro and I sported my Muskeeter outfit. (here commences the French theme) We all wore fake moustaches and decided to head round to the flat for a couple of hours and a glass of cava. This did not happen, a glass of cava turned into a bottle and some rum and coke and staying out until the club closed.... When we needed to be up at 8.30 the next morning.. and had forgotten to set an alarm... oopsie. Arrival of Supererin, who wakes up, without an alarm at 8.25 :) Major points go to my body clock for making sure we got the bus to Perpignan.
We had a lovely day in Perpingnan, there isn't much to do and they don't really speak Catalan, despite the fact that the flag is everywhere but is was a nice day out; and it was interesting to see the major difference between French Catalonia and Catalonia in Spain. The fact that Perpignana is FRENCH Catalonia (French first) and Catalonia in Spain is Catalan first and foremost.
I then got the bus back to Barcelona and watched the match in a bar with Katie before collapsing from exhaustion.
Today I did about 500 words on my DELC310 for French, taking me well over the half way word count (2300) yay! I then went to meet a group of friends to go to the Picasso museum as it is free on the first Sunday of the month. However the queue was insanely long so we didn't go in, instead we went into the Design Hub of Barcelona which was pretty strange, a lot of modern art such as dismantled chairs and garden hoses... It was different. We then went and had some tea and I bought a Catalan book for 2 euros. Then we had empanadas, yummy, before heading to the cinema to watch The Artist. It's a silent movie about silent movies. It was amazing, I was a bit unsure about going but I really enjoyed it.
Now I'm going to have a bit of a read and settle in for the night before school tomorrow.
Adios
x-x-x
No comments:
Post a Comment