Friday was when the adventures really started - we headed up to the Sierra Nevada, a ski resort about 45 minutes away from Granada, we managed to see the last of the snow, most of it had melted. The base level of the resort was pretty deserted and I can't imagine what it would be like in the winter when it is full of people and now a ghost town. We got the cable car up to around 8200feet and this was really worth it. The views were simply fantastic and it was alive with skiers and snowboarders! I loved the atmosphere up there and there were some of the most beautiful views I have ever seen. Here you can see me and Bex at the top level, you couldn't get right up to the 3300m level without using a chairlift and being on skis/snowboard. It was surprisingly warm, we got all coated up and didn't even need our hats/scarves/gloves, it proves that it really was the end of the winter sports season.
After this we got the bus back to Granda and met up with some other Lancaster students at 7.30 for a variety of tapas. In Granada you get a tapas free when you order a drink. An absolutely brilliant idea and a nice change from having to pay in Barcelona! We had traditional Spanish tapas but we also went to a Chinese tapas bar where with your drink you can get a plate of noodles, spring rolls or something similar. It was bizarre, but a brilliant idea. We then headed home, via a chino shop to pick up some sweets and I may have said perdona to a dog.... But that's not important. We then had an earlish night as we knew we were off to the Alhambra the next day.
Off to the Alhambra, what a brilliant day! We walked up the steep hill to get there and wandered around it for a good few hours; George (Jack's stuffed chimpanzee) came with us. He definitely made photo taking much more fun, even if we did get a few (or many) funny looks from other tourists. The Alhambra is gorgeous, if you are ever in Granada you should go, just be prepared to queue, and to queue to queue because it is so so busy. Later we went out for drinks at an Irish bar, I had a lethal Japanese iced tea, although I don't think that it was that lethal.... We stayed up until the clocks changed, it's the first time I've seen my watch go from 1.59am to 3.00am, very strange! This morning Bex and I chilled and watched John Bishop's week of hell for sports relief before I flew back to Barcelona, uploaded all my photos and blogged.
A fantastic weekend, I can't wait to go to Cordoba with Bex and Jack in 3 weeks!
Hasta Manana!
x
No comments:
Post a Comment