Wednesday, 19 October 2011

Who can be an elephant?

So today I woke up and after feeling homesick last night, I think for the first time in my life really, I felt much better. Getting ready and going to work to the old school music of Shania Twain and Pink's first album definitely helped me to remember that although I am missing out on a lot in England I'm not going to get this chance again, and in fact there are probably many people in England who would love to swap places.
Today I got to teach about mummy and baby animals to some 6 year olds. By animal I mean: elephant, kangaroo, monkey and penguin. Part of this lesson involved us all being each of the animals, much to the other teachers, who were working nearby, amusement. But I hasten to add that it is still lots of fun growing a trunk or waddling like a penguin regardless of age.
I also worked with some of the older ones, which went pretty smoothly, but was nowhere near as fun. :) 
I had a lovely lunch at the cafe near the school, and the portions were so big I don't think I will need to have an tea after my catalan class. 
I am also going to try and improve my languages by learning 3 new words a day in each, hopefully this will give me some sort of chance in final year.
A pretty normal day, but everyone needs one of those once in a while.

2 comments:

  1. I like that idea of learning 3 words in each language, gracias for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's hard to remember 9 words every day!

    ReplyDelete