So I have completed neglected my blogging responsibilities, oopsie. It’s been two weeks more or less, woops. But I have been working at my school for two weeks now and all the children are lovely and really enthusiastic about learning English, which is good for me – even one of the “naughty” children finished all his work and homework so he could come out for half an hour in my group. I’m also teaching one of the children’s children for an hour and a half every week – she is adorable! And Catalan is perhaps the cutest language ever when spoken by children.
I have made a start on the dreaded DELC310 and yet feel less than relieved, I feel if I read and read and read then at least I should have a comprehensive bibliography and get some points for content, if not language ....
On Wednesday I went to Besalu, which is an absolutely stunning medieval town about an hour and a half away from Barcelona, I got to see the only Jewish baths in the Iberian peninsular, which was pretty cool too. Also there was a crazy modern art thing going on with chairs on the walls upside down and all sorts, only in Spain.
Today I went to Monserrat, I touched the Virgen, (my second in one month) hee hee and I got to take communion at the mass which was really moving and packed with people. Afterward Katie, Rosa and I rambled through the mountains and climbed almost 1km above sea level. And tonight BAILAMOS! I’m hoping the clubs will be free for girls, like they were last week, it’s sexist but in my favour so my feminist side doesn’t mind so much. :)
Well I promise now to blog cada dia, I’ll let you know tomorrow how it goes with the 2euro bottle of rose that I have.....
No comments:
Post a Comment