So I spent a fun filled weekend in valencia this weekend. With the motto a paella a day well and truly realised. :) We visited the arts and sciences city, which was stunning and included a trip to the aquarium, the biggest in europe no less. It was scorching hot all weekend, 26 degrees, and the umbrella and jacket I had packed for use in the predicted thunderstorm were unnecessary, thank god. We also visited some botanical gardens, where I was followed by cats, I think it was the fact I was carrying a chicken and chorizo sandwich but none the less becoming the equivalent of the pied piper for a morning soon looses its hilarity.
We also bought paella dishes, I got a lovely new jacket and some shorts and we managed to find some Spanish cook books for only 4 euros! Valencia really was a city of bargain shopping.
We tried fried pumpkin.. yuck and had Valencian oranges (yummy) as well as consuming copious amounts of free sangria. :)
We even sat on the beach, in late October, this is the difference between England and Spain.
So then today I was back in school, tired but it was definitely worth it; and on wednesday night I head to Madrid. Exciting times.
So now I am planning trips for Christmas, hoping to get to Germany for the christmas markets, maybe also to prague or somewhere, who knows.
No comments:
Post a Comment