Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Tourguiding all done :(

As I write this my parents hopefully are on the plane on their way back to England. I'm exhausted! But it was worth it, I had an amazing time! Yesterday we did the Barcelona Bus Turistic, it was a great way to rest our feet after two days of walking and see the the city from a completely different perspective. We started off at Parc Guell, which my parents loved, my mum wants to come back and explore it again for a longer period of time. We did all of the bus routes, up round Tibidabo, a monastery, Montjuic, the new redevelopment down near the beach - everything! If anyone is going to Barcelona I completely recommend it; I was sceptical at first but my mum had heard good things about the tour and wanted to do it, so I went too (especially as they were paying) and then I had an amazing day. Sometimes it is good to be a shameless tourist in Barcelona and not care, I learnt loads of interesting facts about different buildings and parts of the city too, so it was definitely worth the money. We also went for a coffee in Palau de Musica, a simply amazing Modernisme building:

Later on we went to the Columbus monument, where there is a viewing platform built inside at 52m and headed up to check out the views. My dad (who is petrified of heights) suggested it, and came up! I was shocked but so proud at the same time and the views were most definitely worth it, it was simply amazing you could see out to see, to the mountains, down la Rambla, definitely one of Barcelona's hidden gems.
We ate at Les Quinze Nits again in the evening, and had yet another fantastic meal before coffees and bed.
Today, after dropping the suitcases off at my house in the morning, buy some cheap umbrellas as it was chucking it down with rain and stopping for a croissant and coffee at one of the lovely little coffee shops near my house we headed to the Museum of Catalan History. This is an absolutely fantastic museum and it only cost us 2euros each to go in with our book of discount vouchers. It is really informative and really interactive, you get to click lots of buttons and play a lot as well as finding out some really interesting facts.
Then we had lunch, picked up the suitcases and headed to the airport.
A piece of advice - easyjet check in (although it says terminal 2 on the ticket) is actually a separate building which is quite a walk away, it was a good job we had left plenty of time to make the flight! I'll definitely be remembering that in June when I fly back to the UK. My parents flight was delayed, but at least it wasn't cancelled. I'm now really excited to go to Malaga for the end of Semana Santa tomorrow with Catania. So I'll write a blog about all of those adventures on Sunday evening.
Hasa Domingo!

No comments:

Post a Comment