Wednesday, 21 September 2011

What's a stone? It's 14 pounds... this is what happens when you meet an American :p

Today was absolutely AMAZING! (yes it requires capitalising). After setting up my Spanish bank account and making the transfer across from my English bank I went to the beach and sat reading my book, where a lovely old Spanish man gave me half of his cardboard to sit on. Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it guys, it makes concrete much more comfy J After that I met up with Adrian and Katie, two other language assistants from Florida and New York  who were really nice and six hours soon disappeared, I also learnt that I do not understand American! “Hang a left” huh? Translates to turn left, lovely. Although I did educate the “colonials” in the wonders of how to pronounce words such as participle, wander, wonder, water... the list goes on. No they really were lovely and really interested in Catalan so we have founded the Catalan club. J I also taught them what a stone is (yes 14lb’s) as they did not have a clue what this was.
I got home, a little sunburnt... oopsie, and went out for tea with the Spanish to a lovely local tapas place, where I tried octopus – complete with tentacles and pigs ear! I wasn’t a fan of the latter, far too fatty but the octopus was nice, it tasted kind of like tinned salmon....
Anyway I’m keeping it short, my day was much more fun filled but I’m off to bed J zzzzzzz
xxx   

No comments:

Post a Comment