Friday, 23 September 2011

La Merce begins...

So i began to compose this at 23.59, which could not be more at the end of my day. :) Today was packed full of things and was unbelievably fun. I had my first catalan telephone conversation to arrange a test, which I took later on this afternoon and then popped around the corner to the library to pick up my library card; geeky I know but they have a really good language learning section. After this I headed up and sat my test and was an entire level better than I thought which pleased me thoroughly :) So as of Monday I start taking 4 hours a week of catalan classes – molt bé!
I went straight from here to meet Adrian and Katie, we drank some Sangria and Cerveza before heading for the start of La Merce, a huge 4 day festival in Barcelona. There was amazing marching band music with giants, including a dragon which blew fire into the crowds, the dance of the devils with loads of fireworks and homage to kings and queens past with dancing giants. We then watched an amazing light show which was projected onto the town hall. Lemins and Pacman and pinball played out infront of us. It was stunning – I took photos but only wish I had filmed it.
We then went for a coffee before finally turning in for the night – it’s going to be a late night tomorrow and Saturday to celebrate this fiesta properly!
Fins demà  

No comments:

Post a Comment