Once upon a time.... I awoke upon my first morning in Barcelona, a lovely sunny day - much better than the torrential rain in which I arrived, leaving myself (and half of my suitcase) completed soaked. I’ll quickly fill you in on last night which was lovely, after being picked up from the airport by Nuri and Nando I unpacked and we went for a walk around alot of Barcelona before stopping off for “empanadas” which were delicious. And that was pretty much that.
So anyway, back to today – after reading in my official letters from the ministry of education that I can get my tarjeta de NIE (basically a national insurance card) from ANY, I’ll repeat that ANY police station I decided to get it sorted. So off I trot 10 minutes away on the metro to my nearest police station, where the police man tells me that in fact everyone has to go to one station, 45 minutes away... or only half an hour if I had already known this.. urg... oh well... let the fun begin.
After quickly popping home to work out my route I got to the former mentioned police station to encounter a horrifically long line, outside in the boiling heat; but luckily I discover this is not the line I need because I live in the EU, so around to the much nicer foyer with seats and air-con. J I have my numero and wait for just over an hour to discover I must come back tomorrow at 7/8am, as my enquiry is no longer being served, my heart sunk, I panicked/felt upset/angry for all of ten seconds then sucked it up and went to enjoy the Catalan capital.
And boy was I glad that I did! Firstly I went to la pedrera, a gorgeous Gaudí apartment building, with such beautiful modernist features, the rooftop terrace was simply stunning, even if it does seem to have been inspired by a cheese dream....
I then continued my adventure by visiting La Sagrada Familiar, where I easily spent 2 or 3 hours in awe and wonder, I cannot even explain it, if a picture is worth a thousand words I have enough for a short novel, maybe even a trilogy of them.
I headed home, where I now sit on a very comfy sofa with my lovely flatmate/landlady watching Spanish tv, although that is definitely not something to write home about. J
I nearly forgot I ordered successfully at La Fleca today in Catalan – bonus points for me.
Besos y hasta manaña
x-x-x
No comments:
Post a Comment