Tuesday, 20 September 2011

Una siesta es la cura para cada problema....

I HAVE AN NIE!! :) It took me almost five and a half hours of queuing but I finally have a piece of green paper that says I am allowed to be here, which I knew already but at least now I can set up my bank account and such. So after getting up at 6.30am to get to the comisaria for 7.30 to wait for it to open at 9 it was fair to say that by quarter to one when I eventually got the NIE I was pretty tired. You have to queue with ticket a for them to type some details on a form, which you then take to a bank and pay 10.20 euros then come back and queue with ticket B before you get it. Phew! Anyway after all this bureaucracy I needed some air, I drifted down la Rambla de Cataluna before deciding what I really needed was a true Spanish siesta. :) I popped home and slept passed out for a few hours before popping down to the supermarket for some stuff for tea.
I know not a very interesting day , but I do now have plans for the weekend, I’m going to go out and also see some bits of la merce with a couple of friends I made in all the epic queues. So at least the NIE has helped my social life, although that seems to be it’s only real use so far.....  
Hasta maƱana :)

1 comment:

  1. 5 hours? I had to wait 10 days! But I didn't have half the fuss in the process so I definately got the better option! xx

    ReplyDelete